Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rexsonn International Cell Phones

So about a year ago I came across one of those blue-tooth laser keyboards. It worked pretty well for a few hours then the battery crapped out and wouldn't recharge. I bought a new on, like an idiot then used it until it burned out and failed to recharge. I researched the company that made the battery and contacted their sales department explaining that I review technology and would like a new battery. They never sent me a new battery, but they have started sending me information about every new product they come out with. Apparently they started out making batteries, then moved on to making cell-phones. I looked into the phones they make and according to the specs they look pretty impressive. I tried getting them to send me one, but since they are a Chinese company, the language burier hindered me from securing one. After a few e-mails back and forth I agreed to write a review on their phones based on the promotional material, so here it is.
Most of their phones look like they have pretty similar specs, and they end up boiling down to two phones: A stripped down nokia clone that has minimal features + media playing capabilities. And a super cool phone with a big screen and TV function!

Language:English/Traditional Chinese/Simplified Chinese/ other languages upon customers request
Specifications:
1. Dual sim,dual standby mobile phone
2. Built-in 1.3M pixel camera
3. Screen: 2.8" WQVGA 260K Color display
4. Built-in MPEG-4, MP3 auto player
5. Hand writing function

6. Bluetooth function (support A2DP, MP3/MP4)
7. TV Mobile, FM Radio
8. MMS, WAP 2.0,GPRS: Class 12
9. Extendable: T-Flash 256M
10.Dimension: 120*62*16mm
11.Band: Tri Band 900/1800/1900 MHz

I've highlightd the coolest things that this phone boasts

Here's a link to their product page www.rexsonn.com.

There is no mention of what interface / operating system they run, but if they could run Android, I think that would be an awesome selling point for them and a super cool inexpensive platform to get it out on.

I was skeptical about the price of these phones thinking that they would be pretty expensive, seeing as how they are pretty cool, but after looking through their product pricing list that they sent me there are two price-points. The cheap phones are less than $50 and the super cool phones are about $150. Unfortunately their pricing is only if you are buying 500pcs.
I would really like to test one out for a week or two and see how it performs (and re-charges). If I do get my hands on a demo model, I will write a more in-depth review.

No comments: